Home

Friday, July 15, 2011

Yangnyeom Tongdak - Seasoned Fried Chicken


Yangnyeom Tongdak ...  
Crispy on the outside but remains juicy & tender inside, wrapped with a mild sweet taste of corn syrup, hot spicy chili paste and slightly sour kick from the red wine vinegar ...  makes this dish is a favorite at my dinner table J

Want to try? :)  


Ingredients:
  • 2 medium chicken, cut into 12 pieces, wash, put in into a colander and make sure the chicken dry before it is mixed with spices
  • 1 tbsp Sea Salt.
  • 1 tsp Ground Black Paper.   
  •  Combine chicken, salt and black paper until blended, let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes. 

The Skin : 

  • 1 / 2 cup (120 ml) Potato Flour - can search at the grocery store, if u can’t  find potato flour, u can use Custard Powder, because the main power ingredient of custard powder is  is potato starch / potato flour).
  • 1 / 4 cup (60ml) All Purpose-Flour.  
  •  1 / 4 cup (60ml) Sweet Rice Flour / Glutinous Flour. 
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda.
  • 1  Egg,  large size.
  • Mix all the ingredients with the chicken until blended, set aside about 30 minutes at room temperatur.



Sauce:
  •  4 cloves Garlic, minced.
  • Canola oil, to taste.
  • 1 / 3 cup Tomato Sauce.
  •  1 / 3 cup Corn Syrup.
  • 1 / 4 cup Gochujang – Korean Hot Paper Paste.
  •   1-2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar.
  • Sauté garlic with canola oil in a nonstick-skillet over low heat until fragrant.
  • dd all ingredients to the skillet.  Taste the sauce, add more if u prefer more sweet or even spicy.
  •  Mix the sauce with the chichen when both still hot so the sauce will stick properly to the chicken.

First Fry

Second-Double Fry , Crispy isn't it? :) 

Blend with the sauce - can't wait! Yum-Yum! :D 

Directions :
  • Fried chicken 2 times. Fry the chicken until start to golden brown on medium heat.  Remove from heat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
  • Fry the chicken in 2 parts again until the skin becomes crisp over medium heat, remove from heat.
  • Place chicken in large bowl. Pour the sauce into the chicken, mix with sesame seeds that have been roasted before, combine all three until all the chicken smeared with the sauce. 
  • Garnish with chopped onion and serve while it still hot.
  •   Enjoy! :)


This is the second time I made Yangnyeom Tongdak, and just like the first time... this fried chicken is very easy to make, with a simple spice but very rich in flavor. 
When I was asked by a friend of mine who come today  to my house "specialty"  to see the Korean dishes I made that day, she  ask - "well, here anyway seems easy, but can I make this without you?”
"Guaranteed u can, as long as u not replaced all the ingredients I mention above so u will still have a flavor of Korean dishes! :D” I answered while smile. 
That's probably a cliché answer, but it’s true.  This dish is very easy to make. If there is a department store, or Korean supermarket near to your house, then that's the right place for you’re to visit ;)




I got the recipe from Maangchi
If you are a fan of Korean cuisine, thenu should bookmark this web page :). 


If you've tried to make it, do not forget to take a pic of it and send your photo in the group  I Cooked Korean Food Recipe with Maangchi recipe   on Flickr. Maangchi herself will comment on your photos ;) 



Stay Healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;) 


Difficulty        : Easy
Cooking Time :  about 60 minutes 
Makes           : 24 pieces

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh this fried chicken looks divine! I have bookmarked it and I'd love to try and make it! Just looking at it makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tq Manu!
    This frie chic is one of our fam fav, Let me know if u love it too when u have a chance to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my these fried chicken is super delicious!!! I love the look of and the recipe confirm it will be our family favorite - maybe less spicy for me and my kids, but oh boy, this will be a super popular dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nami
    Tq Nami! Glad to hear that we have a same fav flavor! :)
    Well... I made this yesterday for our dinner & my son so happy & shout "korean fried chicken today" over & over when his daddy come home... haha ha!
    If u want a less spicy u can choose the Gochujang with labeled "mild", mine is "medium" :)
    Let me know when the result is out, u like it or not, don't hasitate to give me an in put! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tq for yout visit - your kind comment & positive feedbaback makes me happy ;)