Home

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ribbon Kyuri Salad with Asian Dressing & The Award!

First...
I want to say apologize if for the past 2 month (imagine that!) I didn't post any new recipe or blog post here. Lot of things happen that need more attention and been busy this days and yes I did take a time to travel to Singapore and Bali at our 12Anniversary :D , Will share the photos with you as soon as I can :) 
So, reader and blogger... would you please forgive me for this late post? 
I know you will ;) 

And now, our love ones... the food of course :)

Don't you agree if I say that, nothing can compare a refreshing salad after a hectic day?! 
Well, dessert is something that we often call as an indulgence after a long day. But salad, it's just something that I will always call as a "medicine" or a "detox" that will help our palate and senses to regain their memory back... And that is, truly something most precious for us, blogger, cooker and food enthusiasm - our palate and senses!


This refreshing and healthy salad is just light with a little hint from ginger,  chili, lime zest and juice. Fragrant with flavor of sesame oil and cilantro, fresh with their refreshing green color and crunch.
I have this salad a few times with grilled prawn and baked salmon as lunch or dinner, and yes, I finished a whole bowl alone and still want more!

Ingredients :
  • 1 medium Cucumber (i use kyuri)
  • 2-3 cm fresh Ginger, peeled
  • 1 Lime
  • 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
  • 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 tbsp salt reduced Soy Sauce, (add 1tbsp at the first time and add more 1tbsp if necessary, i use 2 tbsp) 
  • 1 Red Chili, deseed
  • 1 handful of fresh Coriander


Directions :


  • In a salad bowl, grated the ginger and make a zest from the lime and juice. 

  • Add in sesame oil, soy sauce and extra virgin olive oil, check the seasoning.

  • Peel the cucumber with a peeler so the cucumber will look like a long ribbon. Discard the watery core. 
  • Take the coriander, tear apart the leaves and finery chopped the stalks. Place the coriander leaves inside the cucumber and sprinkle the stalks on top. 
  • Finery chopped the red chili and sprinkle over.
  • Toss and dress until you ready to eat. 
  • Enjoy! 

I want say to thank you to Ridwan from Asian-Spice Mix. Ridwan is come from the same country as I do, Indonesia. And even we separated and lived in 2 different country, our heart beat is still the same - the food  - which made us close more than we can never imagine :)
So thank you Ridwan for the award! 
Visit Ridwan at his blog  when he share a different kind of dish while he's not cooking at the restaurant or do the catering :)



And I pass this award to : 
1. Nami from Just One CookBook
2. Peppy from Indonesia Eats
4. Manu from Manu's Menu





The asian style...
The greeny color and the light taste of cucumber & coriander...
with a little hint from ginger and chili...
The fragrant aroma from sesame oil...
will surely make this salad a one to try for your busy dinner or just a fresh treat for our precious palate and senses!

Enjoy this refreshing salad and have a great week ahead everyone! :)






Stay Healthy and Loves Your Kitchen More! 

It's on Foodbuzz Top9 at 3May 2012! YaY! 



Difficulty : easy
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Makes : 2 serving 
Adapted from : Jamie 30-minute Meal

15 comments:

  1. Thank you Elies! I will be taking 1 month off too for blogging :) Hope to see you in Jakarta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you are back. We all need a break now and then and life does sometimes take over. Congrats on the award and you did make some good choices when passing it along. Your salad looks fabulous. It is getting hotter here so more salad will be on the plate. Nice to come across a salad recipe that showcases delicious cucumbers-yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Tina!
      Yes, I'm miss my time writing and knocking at others blog-door bell too
      and we do need a refreshing salad since the weather is start to be hotter now!

      Delete
  3. Elies,,,You welcome you deserve it,This is what I love about blogging as a hobby,I can post /share or off anytime I want
    work,family and life is first priority :) and welcome back with great healthy refreshing salad recipe,the pictures looks beutiful as always,,,nah,,ketemuan tuh ma PEpy,,,dia mo Pul-kam ;)
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I foresee a phase like that for me, May will be crazy!
    Welcome back, and what a great salad to start us off with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That salad looks delicious! So bright and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh THANK you sooo much for sharing the awards with me Elies! Congrats on being awarded: absolutely well deserved! :-)

    Amazing salad... am I wrong or you are using Italian extra virgin olive oil?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome manu!!
      and yes, I'm using the italian extra virgin olive oil :))
      can't get my hand off from that! Hahaha
      the evoo and sesame oil did make a great fusion on the salad :D

      Delete
  7. Love those cucumber ribbons...so appetizing, tasty and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrat on top 9 today,well done :)
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a delicious looking salad! I love cucumber salads and this is a must to try! Congrats on the Top 9!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is fantastic, I love it. Great photos and pictorial. This is on my list of salads. Thanks and Congrats on the Top 9!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Elies! First of all, welcome back! How was the trip? How have you been? I'm so sorry that I come here late after you told me about the award. A lot of things are going on and I'm always late to leave comments...but I'm here! :-) So happy to read your post with this delicious salad. I love the texture when you slice the cucumber like this. Great recipe! And looks like you had top 9 with this. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how vibrant and fresh that salad looks. The images say it all; the ribbon kyuri salad is mouth-watering. The recipe has been shared in simple & easy steps. I am looking ahead you to write on Sweet creamy coleslaw recipe . My kids love it. Thanks & keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Tq for yout visit - your kind comment & positive feedbaback makes me happy ;)