As we know chicken stock is one of regular stock that we often use for cooking. There's lot's of stock block or any other kind of stock sell at the market now days, but the best thing to have is when we make it from scratch.
One of my friend asking me how to make a chicken stock, & as we see lot's of people "afraid" to make a homemade chicken stock because the cooking process often takes times.
My tips is :
1. try to make a stock first while we prepare the ingredients for the dish that we plan to make that day. So when our dishes is ready to cook, our stock is ready as well.
2. Makes stock for 2-3 days, store at refrigerator.
3. Always planning the menu for 2-3 days, and try to use the same stock for 3 days menu.
That way, there no stock will be unused & saved cooking time ;)
- 1 kg Chicken Bone
- 1 medium Onion, cut 4 part
- 1 large Carrot, slice
- 1 cloves garlic, slice
- 1 Green Onion, slice
- 2 Celery Stick, slice
- 2 Bayleaf
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg ( optional )
- 2 Cloves ( optional )
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 3000 ml water
- Saute all the ingredients beside water & chicken bone, on a medium high heat until fragrant.
- Add the chicken bone, saute again until the chicken bone chance color.
- Add 3000ml of water, boiled, cover.
- Simmer at low heat for 1 hour.
- Open the cover, simmer again for 30 minutes, discard the impurities.
- Lift from heat, strain.
- your stock is ready! ;)
Stay Healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;)
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking Time : 1 hour 45 minutes
Makes : 2 lt of chicken stock