Home

Monday, August 15, 2011

Zucchini Pancake ( korean style )


I love almost all kind of pancake. And zucchini is one of my favorite veggie.
So when I read the recipe from Maangchi.com I make it right on the spot. 



This pancake is very easy to make & with a simple ingredients. You can serve it for a noon snack or for a side dish. Well... I do it both way :)
Sometimes when I feel hungry & the dinner time have not come, I'll make this pancake without hesitation because this snack is so easy to make, fast & healthy! 
You can eat it with or without the sauce :)

Ready to make it? :)


Ingredients: 
  • 1 1/2 cup Zucchini that has been cut julienne 
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp fish sauce
  • sesame oil
  • canola oil ( u can use any of vegetable oil, but canola oil is the healthier )

Dipping Sauce:
  • 2 tbsp low-salt Soy Sauce
  • 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar ( you can use any kind of vinegar )
  • 1 tbsp chopped Onion 
  • 1 cloves Garlic, minced
  • 1 Green Chili Paper/ you can use chili padi if prefer spicier ( optional )
  • Mix well all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Directions :
  • In a bowl mix well the zucchini, flour, water and fish sauce with a spoon. 
  • Heat a nonstick-pan, add 2 tbsp canola oil. 
  • Add the batter into the pan and spread evenly with a spoon until it become a large pancake.
  • About a minute latter after the bottom of the pancake sets firm, add 1 tbsp of sesame oil along the edge of the pancake. 
  • Shake the pan so that the sesame oil spread underneath the pancake.
  • Keep pressing down the pancake with a spoon or spatula while cooking ( a  tip from Maangchi )
  • When the bottom of the pancake become golden brown and crispy - turn over with a spatula or flip it if you can.
  • ( you can add 1-2 tbsp canola oil in the edge of pancake & shake it again - if you want to make it more crispy ).
  • Lift the pancake from heat when it's already golden brown  & place on a serving plate.
  • Serve while still hot with the dipping sauce if you like it.
  • Enjoy! ;)
    I enjoyed the pancake 2 days ago as a side dish with a Kimchi soup with tofu & squid and I enjoy this pancake as a noon snack yesterday too.
    And yes... since I loves this veggie so much there always a stock of zucchini on my refrigerator.
    I husband & sisters who use to be doesn't like zucchini chance their mind when they taste this pancake - the zucchini is so sweet :)

    Healthy & Tasty - what more could be good than that? :)



    Stay Healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;) 

    Difficulty: Easy 
    Cooking Time: < 20 minutes

    Makes: 1 serving plate 


    14 comments:

    1. This looks absolutely delicious! Light and flavorful, and anything with sesame oil is wonderful. Yum!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This looks delicious, i have not made a similar dish so i will have to try it :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Great recipe! I have never made a savoury pancake (now I wonder why??!)... this looks amazingly tasty! I too love zucchini! Bookmarked!

      ReplyDelete
    4. @Cheryl & Adam
      So u love sesame oil? Me too!! :D
      This one is my fav :)
      Tq Cheryl!

      ReplyDelete
    5. @Muppy
      Tq Muppy!
      Give it a try & let me know the result! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    6. @Manu
      Hi Manu... yes, korean ppl have 2 different of pancake - the sweet one & the savory one :)
      Oh so u love zucchini too?!
      Tq & hope u like it when u have the time to try the recipe ;)

      ReplyDelete
    7. This seems like such a great snack! And I bet the toasted sesame oil brings it over the edge!

      ReplyDelete
    8. I am sure this savory pancake taste good. Love all the ingredients used.

      ReplyDelete
    9. @quay Po Cooks
      Tq! I think lots of ppl loves this veggie... haha ha! Yes - this kind of snack that will makes u "addicted" - healthy & tasty! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    10. @Tiffany
      Tq Tiffany!
      Yes! Agree with u dear - everything with sesame oil is turn out to be amazing & the sesame oil makes this pancake more crispy not mention the aroma! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    11. Those pancakes look so mouthwatering. Healthy and delicious.

      ReplyDelete
    12. Wow - this looks amazing! I love Korean style pancakes and your dipping sauce is amazing!

      ReplyDelete
    13. @angie
      Tq angie! Yes! healthy & delicious! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    14. @Ann
      Tq Ann!
      The dipping sauce recipe is I got from maangchi.com - I just switch up a few ingred that I have in hand :)
      By the way... ur whole wheat bread is amazing! Love it! ;)

      ReplyDelete

    Tq for yout visit - your kind comment & positive feedbaback makes me happy ;)