I love almost all kind of pancake. And zucchini is one of my favorite veggie.
So when I read the recipe from Maangchi.com I make it right on the spot.
This pancake is very easy to make & with a simple ingredients. You can serve it for a noon snack or for a side dish. Well... I do it both way :)
Sometimes when I feel hungry & the dinner time have not come, I'll make this pancake without hesitation because this snack is so easy to make, fast & healthy!
You can eat it with or without the sauce :)
Ready to make it? :)
- 1 1/2 cup Zucchini that has been cut julienne
- 1/2 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- sesame oil
- canola oil ( u can use any of vegetable oil, but canola oil is the healthier )
- 2 tbsp low-salt Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar ( you can use any kind of vinegar )
- 1 tbsp chopped Onion
- 1 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Green Chili Paper/ you can use chili padi if prefer spicier ( optional )
- Mix well all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a bowl mix well the zucchini, flour, water and fish sauce with a spoon.
- Heat a nonstick-pan, add 2 tbsp canola oil.
- Add the batter into the pan and spread evenly with a spoon until it become a large pancake.
- About a minute latter after the bottom of the pancake sets firm, add 1 tbsp of sesame oil along the edge of the pancake.
- Shake the pan so that the sesame oil spread underneath the pancake.
- Keep pressing down the pancake with a spoon or spatula while cooking ( a tip from Maangchi )
- When the bottom of the pancake become golden brown and crispy - turn over with a spatula or flip it if you can.
- ( you can add 1-2 tbsp canola oil in the edge of pancake & shake it again - if you want to make it more crispy ).
- Lift the pancake from heat when it's already golden brown & place on a serving plate.
- Serve while still hot with the dipping sauce if you like it.
- Enjoy! ;)
And yes... since I loves this veggie so much there always a stock of zucchini on my refrigerator.
I husband & sisters who use to be doesn't like zucchini chance their mind when they taste this pancake - the zucchini is so sweet :)
Healthy & Tasty - what more could be good than that? :)
Stay Healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;)
Cooking Time: < 20 minutes
Makes: 1 serving plate