This is my third time posting about banana.
I think maybe to all of us who loves bread - this kind of bread is the most common and pupular one. There's lots of people making their version of banana bread, with walnut or peacan, or maybe the regular banana bread it's self...
And for me who loves to have a bread or pasta for breakfast, this version of bread is one of my favorite!
I found 2 recipe at Tamayto - cooking across culture and Over the hill and a roll , I already try both recipe & love both of them.
But as always, we have to put some of our taste to the recipe to make the recipe more "me" ;)
Well... lets think
I always "crazy" about oats & whole grain... I loves yoghurt & "addicted" to coffe... Ok - problem solve then?! ;)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Red Mill - 10 Whole Wheat Grain
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 75 gram Butter
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/2 cup Yoghurt/ Light Sour Cream
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Power
- 100 gram Walnut
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp cool Butter
- 2 tbsp Defac Coffe ( u can less the amount of the coffe, I like it a little bit "bitter" for my banana bread topping )
- Directions : mix all the ingredients with blender or chopper for a while - so ur crumble still have texture
- Mashed the banana until smooth.
- Mix sugar , vanilla extract and butter with mixer until cream.
- Add yoghurt, mix until combain.
- Add eggs & mix until combain, stir in banana puree.
- Add all the dry ingredients, mix until combain - don't over mix.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Spray the baking pan with olive oil.
- Add the dough to the baking pan, sprinkle with crumble on top & cinnamon.
- Bake at 175C for 45 minutes & 15minutes more while covering the pan with alumunium foil.
- Lift from oven. let it rest for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from pan, let it rest till room themperature, chill on the refrigerator.
- The best way to enjoy banana bread is - serve chill.
- Enjoy! ;)
As I say before, the best way to enjoy banana bread is when serve chill - overnight recomend! ;)
I always indulge my self & have this for dessert at breakfast with a cup of hot coffe :)
A dessert after breakfast? Yes! Breakfast like a "queen"... lunch like a "common people" & dinner as a "beggar"! Haha ha! ;)
Stay Healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;)
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking Time : 90 minutes
Makes : 1 pan of banana bread! ;)