At 9/9 is my birthday, but different from any birthday that I ever had, I just too lazy to cook that day! Haha ha!
This year I enjoying my birthday in "unusual" way - I travel almost 3-4hours in total to go to one of theater that plays a movie I really wanted to watched - My Kingdom!
My Kingdom now played in theater at US, Canada, SG, Indonesia, Malaysia, Beijing & HK.
Be sure to watch the movie! Very touching & great scene ;)
I want to share this with you guys - as a fellow foodie & food-blogger :)
To tell you the truth... I want to watch the movie because there is an artist who played in the film that I want to support.
His name is Goh Kiat Chun, known as Wu Chun - we call him ah Chun... well, he like to being call that way, I think maybe to keep remembering him that even he is an artist, he still the same GKC... a brunei who loves his family more than fame :)
I watched his drama - Hanakimi & Romantic Princess, but I never care about the artist.
I'm a type of person who never care about artist life, why?
Well... they just artist. You can't blame me for this :D
But the first time I type: loves for Food on YouTube I found his video - wu chun : a certified food lover.
Since then, I browsing about him on the internet & found his article that he wrote by his self & it's touched my heart.
For sure, I care & support him not because of his looks, & touched not because of his role in drama or movie or even just because he the owner of Fitness Zone in Brunei. It's just because he's GKC, Goh Kiat Chun - a certified food lover. well... you can't blame me for this one either :D
Somehow - food... did connecting people around the world, even people we never meet :)
photo taken yesterday - courtesy : Jolyntoh @Weibo
From what I know from reading his Blog... he is an idol who have a simple view in life, a very hardworking & low key person who cherish life & treasure family more than fame, he always encourage others especially his angels (fans) to face life with strong heart & happiness & to have a healthy life...
And from how he tread his angels (he call his fans as his guardian angels)... one think I know, he is just like a normal people - like us - who happen to be have a job as an artist, just a simple person who doesn't act like an idol.
And why I mentioning him today on my post is because he's a king of foodie. He LOVES to eat!! Seriously! And he can eat a lot!
He loves all kind of food. So when being ask what is his favorite food he will always answer: So Many!! LOL
And what surprise me is he can cook & loves to cook + he loves taking picture of food... I wish he is a food-blogger too! Haha ha!
But his schedule is so tight, especially this week. He have to travel to different country & city to promoting My Kingdom and Sunshine Angel - his new drama. Yesterday he is in SG having two event there, & yesterday night I watch his live interview at Channel U since he being invited to SG by Channel U to promoting Sunshine Angel. And right at this time, one of the event are being held.
Two of my friend go to SG to support him & attend the 2 event. And since I can't go there, I want to dedicated this post for him.
This is my 4 post about banana & since his favorite fruit is banana so I post this recipe. I'm sure he will loves this banana pancake since he is not a picky eater & he can eat his favorite fruit without afraid got a migraine attack because eat too much of this fruit :)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Bob Red Mill 10 Grain Flour
- 1 large ripe Banana
- 1/4 cup Light Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Low Fat Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
- Pure the banana until smooth.
- In a bowl place the dry ingredients together : flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, stir well.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients : eggs, sour cream, orange juice, vanilla, milk, banana, evoo.
- Make a circle in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients.
- Mix the batter just until combine, don't over mix.
- Don't worry about the lumps, lumps are welcome! ( tips from: une-deuxsenses )
- Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- In a low medium heat, spray your non-stick pan with a cooking spray, just a quick spray. Using your paper towel, wipe it out - slightly.
- Pour your batter in the center of the pan.
- When the edge star to set & bubbles begin to appear (2-3minutes), using your spatula - flip the batter.
- If you have kitchen racks, arrange your pancake in a single layer to allow your pancake cool down. Don't stack the pancake, stack them only when you plan to eat it right away.
- Do the same step with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with your homemade syrup.
- Enjoy! ;)
I think this is a good start to start your morning... this banana pancake is for u ah Chun - GKC Jia You! :)
A support not always have to be a presence or a gift, your blog post & food can be support for someone out there - for everyone... including someone far away & even for someone who doesn't know you
The best thing you can gift is a sincere heart... as simple as that - agree? ;)
Stay Healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;)
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking Time : 45 minutes
Makes : 12 pancakes
Recipe Adapted from : Dine and Dish