At 9/9 is my birthday, but different from any birthday that I ever had, I just too lazy to cook that day :D
So i made a simple "cake" that i'm sure everyone in the house will love :)
Did you know that banana can be considered as a "drug" to our brain since it release a mood regulating substance called Tryptophan which is converted into Serotonin in the brain & thus elevates mood & makes us happier?
It also high in Potassium : which help the body's circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain, helping regulating heartbeat & water balance. Potassium also help in learning because it make our pupils more alert. Student find that they have more brain power and do better on exam if include banana at breakfast & lunch!
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Bob Red Mill 10 Grain Flour
- 1 large ripe Banana
- 1/4 cup Light Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Low Fat Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp fresh Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Evoo (extra virgin olive oil) or you can use coconut oil
- Pure the banana until smooth.
- In a bowl place the dry ingredients together : flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, stir well.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients : eggs, sour cream, orange juice, vanilla, milk, banana, evoo.
- Make a circle in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients.
- Mix the batter just until combine, don't over mix.
- Don't worry about the lumps, lumps are welcome! ( tips from: une-deuxsenses )
- Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
- In a low medium heat, spray your non-stick pan with a cooking spray, just a quick spray. Using your paper towel, wipe it out - slightly.
- Pour your batter in the center of the pan.
- When the edge star to set & bubbles begin to appear (2-3minutes), using your spatula - flip the batter.
- If you have kitchen racks, arrange your pancake in a single layer to allow your pancake cool down. Don't stack the pancake, stack them only when you plan to eat it right away.
- Do the same step with the rest of the batter.
- Serve with your homemade syrup.
- Enjoy! ;)
So next time you have a "mood-attack" or need a "coffe replacement" just grab these amazing fruit!
Stay Healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;)
Difficulty : Easy
Cooking Time : 45 minutes
Makes : 12 pancakes
Recipe Adapted from : Dine and Dish