First... I want to apologize because this late post. As I said at my previous post that I want to post a fresh salad recipe today, but with schedule on tight and lot's of things to do with the boys, pick and drop them at school and other thing to do in the kitchen, so it happen to be I forgetting write this post! :D
The photos is taken a few days ago so no need to do the photograph today, but I just wake up in the morning and planning to do a few baking activity... just like that... on the spot!
So today I make 2 pan of healthy breakfast muffin and 2 dozen of chocolate chips cookies. Ridwan asking me, "Do I bake brownie too?" since I said in my post that I have to have something chocolately almost after every meal. Well... maybe I will skip for a dessert-dinner :P
Then I said, "since I bake 2 dozen of choco chips cookies then I have nothing to worried for a dessert after meal!" :D
And look at those beautifully ingredients!
A unique texture of the fusilli and the soft texture from edamame end up in one bowl... who said that it can be a great "married"?
And who said that the "Italian" can be together with the "Asian"?
And turn out great!
And the best part is that their togetherness is so easy to made and the important this is nutritious!
Want to know how they get "married"? ;)
- 1 1/2 cup Fusilli Pasta
- 1/2 cup Edamame Bean (I use 3/4 cup since I'm so in love with this bean)
- 1/4 cup frozen Corn
- 1/4 cup shredded Carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Red Sweet Pepper
- 1 handful Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 cloves Garlic, finery chopped
- 1 cm Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (you can use any vegetable oil)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Ligh-Salt Reduced-Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Black Pepper
- In a sauce pan, bring to boil water, add salt, stir in pasta. cook for about 6 minute or until al-dente.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the vegetable ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix add in extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil, siy sauce, ginger, hot sauce, vinegar, black pepper and grated ginger.
- Mixx until just combine.
- Drain pasta and leave 1 tbsp of water on the pan so your pasta won't dry.
- Add in corn, adamame, red sweet pepper and cilantro, mix them together.
- Stir in the dressing sauce and mix well until just combine.
- Tranfer into a serving bowl.
- Enjoy! ;)
Looks How well they get "married"! And fast too!
If our lovely ingredients getting married and blend together so well... so fast... and so nutritious... who else getting the bennefit from that more than us!
Have this salad as a side dish or even for a breakfast or dinner...
Serve this salad right on the kitchen after we make it or chilled first...
The choice is in our hand :)
Have a great blessed weekend everyone and don't forget to have a bowl of nutritious salad before the "busy baking x'mas event" is come! ;)
Stay healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;)
Difficulty : very easy
Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
Makes : 2-3 serving
Adapted from : Food Network