Home

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mango Basil Sorbet with Orange Mulled Syrup -- Sorbet Mangga


Mango ...
As I've mention in Banana Custard Pudding recipe before, Mango is one of fruits with high carbohydrate. 
In 1 cup of mango contained 107kkal, 1gram of protein, 28gram carbohydrate, 0fats & 3gram fiber.  
It turned out that this fruit also contains many antioxidants,  vitamins A, C and E. In 165gr of mango contained 25% vitamin A, 76% vitamin C, and 9% of vitamin E.  Not to mention there are other vitamins that follow such as vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium, copper and 17 amino acids. 





Sorbet...
Sorbet is a frozen dessert which is a mixture of sugar water / syrup, juice /fruit puree, even sometimes mixed with wine / other liquor.
So the mango sorbet is: a mixture of mango puree, syrup & rum J

ingredients:


  • 1 kg of Mango, peeled, take the meat.
  • 1 / 3 cup or less Orange Mulled Syrup.
  • 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
  • Lemon zest, from 1 lemon
  • 1-2 tbsp Rum (optional) 
  •  10-20 Basil Leaf
  • pinch of Salt 
  • 1  airtight container , example: Lock & Lock 
Directions:
  • Place the container that will be used in a freezer with the lid tightly closed.
  • Cut the mango into squares.
  • Chopped basil & mix with orange mulled syrup, boiled briefly over low heat, remove and let cool to room temperature. 
  • Blender mango chunks, syrup and lemon juice until smooth. The amount of syrup can be adjustable with your taste.
  • Enter the lemon zest. Stir. 
  • Place the puree into the container sorbet that has been cooled in the freezer.
  • Check once every min 1 hr & stir from the outside to the inside of the container, do this as much as 5-6 times.
  • Serve in glasses.
  • Enjoy! J
·                             

The idea to use the basil leaves are not from me J  
If that one, I must be honest, I found this recipe does not suddenly, there is one recipe that caught my attention in Foodbuzz top 9 at that time, titled "Easy Mango Sorbet Basil ", the original recipe is from Sinfully Spicy   . 
And it turns out the "effect" of the basil leaf  is pretty good when combine with mango & orange mulled syrup   - is PerfectJ  
I was inspired to recreate this recipe because of my son - Nathan, who does not like fruit, so as usual, I must find a way for him to consume the fruit in the way he likes J
Predictably,  just how "big" I smile when my son asked "is this mango?  How come the mango can taste so good? Please makes this sorbet again next week mommy… please J.Tq mommy J* big hug * . 

Well  
Again… accomplishment being made J
From my side - " successfully " - "tell" my son to eat fruit ... 
In terms of my son - he could  feel the sweetness of mango & enjoy when eating it:)  
And I was rewarded with hugs & smiles from my son J  

Is there a more beautiful than that? :)  




Stay healthy & Loves Your Kitchen More! ;) 


Difficulty : Easy 
Cooking Time : &hr  ( include the cooling process ) 
Makes : 5-6 serving 


2 comments:

  1. Your mango basil sorbet looks delicious!!!! And I just read your orange mulled syrup too. Our family LOVES mango... we are crazy mango fan and this looks so delicious that I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tq nami!
    Orange mulled syrup is rich in taste & aroma, & now I ready to make a banana pancake with the syrup for our noon snack :)
    So ur fam loves mango? Me too!
    I'm glad that Finally from this recipe my sons can taste the sweetess from the manggo :)

    ReplyDelete

Tq for yout visit - your kind comment & positive feedbaback makes me happy ;)